The Pupil Premium
Introduced in 2011, T
- Children who have qualified for free school meals at any point in the past six years.
- Children who are or have been looked after under local authority care for more than one day.
- Children from service families who receive a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.
County Pupil Premium information and application forms are sent to all new families to the school so that they are aware of the funding and that it may directly benefit their child as well as impacting on our school provision and the quality of teaching and learning.
The pupil premium is intended to directly provide for children who are eligible, helping to narrow the attainment gap that research shows exists between disadvantaged pupils and their peers. However, this is not to confuse those in receipt of the Pupil Premium with low ability and at Waddesdon Village Primary School we are dedicated to empowering all children to achieve.
, as they are best placed to identify what would be of the greatest benefit.
We believe that we can maximise the effectiveness of the Pupil Premium and support a wider group of pupils. Therefore, the funding may be used to support any child in narrowing the attainment gap as identified through regular monitoring and tracking.
Some of the ways we utilise our Pupil Premium funding are as follows;
· Additional one-to-one or small-group support for children both in and out of the classroom
· Providing a school breakfast club to improve attendance
- Funding extra curricula clubs
· Providing music lessons
· Funding educational trips and visits.
· Paying for additional help such as speech and language therapy or family therapy.
At Waddesdon Village Primary School we have a dedicated team of skilled staff who monitor and provide additional learning, challenge and enrichment opportunities regardless of ability and including the most able.
We regularly evaluate our Pupil Premium provision which is adapted and improved every half term to meet the changing needs of our children and families.
For more information, please read our Pupil Premium Policy, located in the 'Policies' section of the website.